Collective liberation. La liberación del pueblo.
Igniting collective power. Transforming systems of oppression. Healing in community.
Strategies and Values
CPC’s work is rooted in popular education and combines 3 strategies:
- Create intersectional spaces for healing.
- Build skills and structural analysis to lead and sustain movements for collective liberation.
- Support and lead collective action.
Racial equity, language justice, and cultural organizing are at the heart of each of our strategies.
Here are some of the values that provide a foundation for each of our strategies.
1. Create intersectional spaces for healing.
- We welcome multiple healing practices from our communities.
- We believe in reclaiming, preserving, and passing on the cultural legacies of our ancestors.
- We believe that our healing practices must include a deep analysis of racism, internalized oppression and internalized superiority, and all of the systems that oppress us.
- We believe that our collective healing work is a necessary, continuous practice that requires our patience, authenticity, and courage.
2. Build skills and structural analysis to lead and sustain movements for collective liberation.
- We draw on our wisdom, the wisdom of our communities and movements, and the wisdom of those who have come before us.
- Structures of oppression are intentional, and transforming these structures requires resources, heart, and resilience.
- We believe building collective analysis peels away layers to expose systems of oppression.
3. Support and lead collective action.
- We take actions that target systems of oppression.
- We believe that when actions are defined guided and led by the people most affected by oppression, we have the power to transform our communities.